Kingdom-based Evangelism is a shorthand term for the kind of radical, open, liberating and respectful approach to faith-sharing and discipleship that has been at the heart of UTU’s work from the outset.
It is based on the kingdom concept, as presented mainly in Mark’s Gospel, where Jesus encourages people to see God’s kingdom as a place of justice, joy, healing and peace — often encapsulated in the Jewish word Shalom.
The resources downloadable from this page have been written by a wide group of practitioner theologians from within the Anglican, Catholic, Baptist and Methodist traditions, brought together to create new materials about sharing faith from within this paradigm.
They are aimed at ministers and lay or ordained people working for the churches or Christian projects.
They include a study Guide for home groups in Section F.
Here’s a Table of Contents so you can take in the topics at a glance:
- Section A has poems and pictures and prayers.
- Section B lays out more about our understanding of the Kingdom, looking at the Bible and especially Jesus’ words.
- Section C shows how the Writing Group has applied this in our different church settings: Anglican, Baptist, Catholic and Methodist.
- Section D is stories of people who’ve come to faith in this way.
- Section E is opinion pieces that are personal and we don’t all necessarily agree with!
- Section F comprises two more condensed pieces that can be used with local congregations as a study guide (thanks to Holly Adams of the Methodist Church for her help with this).
- Section G is a long essay reflection on how this strand of evangelism has developed in the Church of England.
- Section H is a selection of further resources that we have enjoyed and found useful.
We also hope that the Pack will grow, and be complemented with content in other media. We welcome contributions of all sorts from other people who feel our passion for kin’dom and Jesus-life-based evangelism, and a church that is working with the Holy Spirit and intentionally engaged with people’s practical lives and relationships with God.
The whole pack (compressed for space) can be accessed here
If you would like to access individual sections at full resolution, please click on the following links:
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Introduction and Contents;
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Section A;
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Section B;
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Section C;
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Section D;
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Section E;
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Section F;
- Kingdom Evangelism Pack 2021 Sections G & H.